I’m using a bigger image because I want to write less. Season 3 of Alias. What can I say? Well whatever I’m going to say is going to be in bullet form. I’m really into bullets lately. I’m getting lazy.
I’m not buying it
– I’m really not buying how Sydney mind-fucked herself out of 2 years memory
– The Trust, The Covenant – how many fucking groups are there going to be on this show? J.J. Abrams – over complicated mythologies don’t make it a better story
– I have a problem with Vaughn getting over Sydney’s death and getting hitched so quickly. I do.
– The Rambaldi stuff – I can certainly understand the appeal of having government agencies going after something mythological and totally fake. It avoids getting mired in the details of a real enemy but I’m kind of over it.
– I think if I’d been watching the show real time, I may have been giving up around now just I like I gave up on Lost. But knowing there are only two seasons left – I’ll finish it out. My binge-watching habits are definitely more lenient than my real time criteria.
However, Season 3 did bring a lot of fun guest stars – the best yet.
– Isabella Rosselini – as Sydney’s mom’s sister in uniform – brilliant!
– Djimon Hounsou
– Ricky Gervais – as the disgruntled bomber was a nice surprise. In addition to Richard Lewis’ straight delivery I’m just waiting for Larry David to play U.S. Senator.
– Vivica Fox
– Griffin Dunne
– Quentin Tarantino – you know he loved it
– Peggy Lipton!!!
– I was super disappointed that Sydney’s sister/the Passenger wasn’t a somebody. That seemed a part ripe for a guest star.
BUT…Melissa George. Oh how I hate Melissa George. I don’t even have a good reason. I first remember seeing her in 30 Days of Night which was disappointing on many levels but what I would have given for some vampire, some bad guy, anyone to shut her fucking over bite. I hate her mouth mostly because it is almost always open. Not lips parted coyly, not saying anything, not doing anything except daring me to smack it shut. Her overbite is so huge even her big floppy lips can’t cover it up. I know she is supposed to be hot and her body certainly is but her bucktoothed mouth negates anything her body is doing.
Take a good look at these photos and tell me – which one is Melissa George? Which one is a puffer fish? Can’t tell can you? Of course you can’t because Melissa George’s mouth is an abomination of lips and teeth. I defy anyone to tell them apart. Oh wait, the puffer fish is kind of cute.
And why the hell is a U.S. Senator’s daughter, an agent of the National Security Council British? This makes zero sense. Is it because J.J. Abrams thinks bad guys need to have an accent? It’s just dumb. Which I suspect will be my review of Season 4.